Community Code Of Conduct
- Respect others. The community is meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Differing opinions are welcomed, but always be thoughtful and respectful rather than sensational or angry. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to prospective and new teams; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products/services that you provide or requests for financial/charitable support
for yourself, other individuals or organizations. You may not promote, advertise or recruit membership for another group or organization through the community, unless there is a signed memorandum of understanding (MOU) in place between Pet Partners and that entity.
- Respect confidentiality at all time. Use caution when discussing specific facilities, clients or products. Information posted is subject to HIPAA, libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use with proper attributions. Respect the "closed" atmosphere of the Community. Do not forward messages to nonmembers without prior written permission from the poster.
- Strive to make our community welcoming and inclusive. If you would not say the same comment in person or if your content would not be considered acceptable in a professional setting, don’t post it. All defamatory, abusive, hateful, profane, threatening, or offensive statements, images and materials are strictly prohibited.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State your topic of your comments concisely and clearly in the subject line. Also post your message to the most appropriate thread when applicable. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Use the "Reply to Sender" link for messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" rather than responding to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings.
- This is not the best platform for urgent or formal communications to Pet Partners staff. Do not use discussion groups to report incidents or ask time sensitive questions or questions specific to your registration, such as those regarding payment. Instead direct those communications through Contact Us on the website.
Violations of the Code of Conduct
Pet Partners will investigate any complaints of possible code of conduct violations that come to our attention. We will take action that we believe is appropriate including, but not limited to, issuing warnings, removing content and terminating access to the Community. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action.
If you see what you believe is inappropriate content, notify Pet Partners by clicking on the “Report Inappropriate Content” link or using the Contact Us link on the website.